Joint voices

WELCOME! Looking for some intelligent dialog between nationalities - a place for anyone and everyone to speak their mind, and listen to other minds, and maybe some difference, no matter how small, will be made. Welcoming more contributors! the more the better!

Thursday, July 27, 2006


"The enemy", "the enemy", "the enemy".

Having lived the vast majority of my life living in Arab countries, I've heard nothing about Israel except that they are "the enemy." Yet who are they? I know nothing about them except what i read in textbooks and newspapers, and clichés I've heard, namely all the negative things..

Yet I know that they are human beings, with human stories and human issues, just like us Arabs. I want to talk to them, get to know them, touch them, feel them... maybe this way we can realise that we're not SO different after all.

A big thanks to the internet that is making such a thing possible, to bridge the gaps between our sheltered peoples. Hopefully, if things like this keep springing up, we'll create connections that are crucial for peace, and we might eventually realise that we can even be warm friends.

A big cheers to Lilu, my first Israeli friend..

4 Comments:

Blogger Lilu said...

well we all know how objective and informative those newspapers are, don't we..

Cheers, friend :)

27/7/06 12:45 PM  
Blogger dobegs said...

THIS IS EXCELLENT STUFF>>
This is like dreaming and it comes true - just reading this post and its reponse.

Love to you both XX

27/7/06 8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today, again I felt angry about what is happening, when I was reading the newspaper this morning..but suddently, It was something different, an article about some crossing messages in an attempt of an open dialogue,..I read about you..
I believe this is a wonderful thing..I wish is very contagious
Desde Granada, España.

30/7/06 11:21 PM  
Anonymous H beirut said...

I salute you guys. I am tired of being surrounded by people who hate each other, furioulsy exchanging claims and counter claims of abstract ideology. It's time to channel our energy it to something positive, no matter how bad a hand we think history has dealt us.

31/7/06 11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home